WOW…Eric and Erin could definitely have their photo in a bridal magazine! STUNNING! We met Erin and her mom Sue (both women are so AMAZING) about 3 weeks before her wedding! Erin had done A LOT of the planning, but most of it was in pieces, so she needed our assistance to bring all of her ideas and vendors together to make it SPECTACULAR! Let me tell you…it was just that and more! Erin is an actress and Eric loves to write plays! They met while attending Indiana University and then Eric moved to New York to pursue his dreams! Erin was there for a little bit and then came back to finish a few credits and plan this wedding! She has impeccable taste and she made the event truly unique to her and her guests!
The rehearsal went well and their rehearsal dinner went awesome at Buca di Beppo’s in Indianapolis. Eric’s father got them rehearsal dinner “tickets” with their names and the location and time printed on them and that’s what they used as rehearsal dinner invitations (too cute!). They truly thought about their attendant and parents gifts (no dry eyes)! Everyone just LOVED what Eric and Erin presented them!
Wedding day went flawlessly! Erin had Karen Hall & Co. come to the Crowne Plaza to do everyone’s hair and make-up! WOW…everyone looked STUNNING! The day rolled on as it was planned to with the groom’s photos and the bride’s photos! Following their separate pictures, it was then time for Eric and Erin to see each other! It was so gosh darn sweet! They were crying and just so happy and in love! From there it was time for guests to arrive!
It was very nicely set up because Eric and Erin had brought in family photos to place on a desk in the foyer so that everyone could see the history of their families and their history as a couple. Erin and Sue bought scented candles for the foyer and the reception hall for the tables so it smelled so MAGNIFICENT throughout the entire venue. Guests took their seats and everything (processional, ceremony and recessional) went PERFECTLY! One unique thing Eric and Erin did was that their wedding party walked down to “Part of Your World” from “The Little Mermaid” – Erin’s favorite movie! Also, in this wedding, Eric and Erin wanted to include their dog, Zoe, so they even had a dog-bearer for the ceremony…too cute! Everyone was perfect throughout the ceremony and their officiant (Tim Noble…a family friend who was ordained specifically for their event) was absolutely GREAT! During the ceremony they had a couple of their friends sing “In Whatever Time We Have” and it just took your breath away! Truly, it was magical and just beautiful to watch!
Following the ceremony, the wedding party went outside to take photographs around the city while the guests mingled in the foyer and the bar for the cocktail hour! For the table assignments Erin made AMAZING turquoise boards displaying everyone’s cards! During the cocktail hour guests were treated to the sounds of a string quartet provided by the Cool City Swing Band. Once the wedding party finished their photos they went up to a private cocktail hour for them!
The staff at Crowne Plaza is just BEYOND amazing! Megan, Cambrie and their staff are just such an absolute joy to work with and they make the process so easy for everyone involved. For this wedding because the ceremony was in the same location that the reception was going to be the Crowne Plaza staff had about an hour to flip the room and transform it in the beautiful reception location! They definitely have it down to a science and are just MAGNIFICENT!
Once the room was transformed it was time to let the guests in and the night truly began! Eric and Erin came up with really fun introductions for each of the members in their wedding party! Following introductions Erin’s dad gave a really gracious welcome speech and her uncle gave a blessing! It was then time for dinner…yum…yum! They had a seated dinner and boy oh boy…it was GREAT! Chef Randy and his staff are truly masters at what they do and everything was PERFECT! Then, it was time for special dances, toasts and cake cutting! The cake was absolutely STUNNING! Erin designed it and WOW…Classic Cakes delivered big time (even the fondant was good…hard to do
All night long the guests were entertained by the Cool City Swing Band! Roy and his band were just OUTSTANDING and kept people out dancing all night long! Erin gave us all a WONDERFUL surprise by signing a song with the band! WOW…she is amazing and it put the perfect cap on the night! The song that ended the evening was “I Told Ya I Loved Ya, Now Get Out” and it was great! Everyone had a blast and everyone was just so darn easy to work with!
Here are the vendors who helped make this day so amazing:
- Classic Cakes – Liz and her team are just dynamite! They do an AMAZING job and are just a joy to work with!
- Karen Hall & Co. (Hair & Make-up) – Karen and her team and PHENOMENAL at what they do! They are so very diligent and want to make sure everything is flawless and just amazing for everyone involved! They are all so easy and nice to work with!
- Crowne Plaza at Union Station – I could gush on and on for days about Megan, Cambrie and their staff! AMAZING, WONDERFUL, FLAWLESS, PHENOMENAL, PERFECT, EASY TO WORK WITH, OUTSTANDING SERVICE & FOOD….
- Cool City Swing Band – Roy and everyone in the band were AMAZING to work with and truly provided a great atmosphere for Eric and Erin’s wedding!
- The Florist at Allisonville Nursery – Chuck did a great job for this wedding! The backdrop for the ceremony was just STUNNING!
- Erin Hession Photography – Erin and her team…WOW…you can just look at the photos and they speak for themselves! Not only do they do GREAT work, but they are genuinely a pleasure to work with! They were so very diligent in making sure that they got every shot from multiple angles, so that the client has options! There were so many GREAT pictures that it was so difficult for us to choose!
- Indy Visual (Videographer) – Bob…AMAZING! Truly…when we met him we knew he was going to an EXCELLENT job, but when the DVD arrived on their wedding day we just sat with our mouth agape, because it was just so AMAZING! He just does an absolutely WONDERFUL job capturing every moment and making it into a story of art! Just AMAZING…not enough good words for how great he is at his job and what a great person he is as well.
As you can probably tell we LOVED working with everyone on this wedding (truthfully…we LOVE everyone we work with because we are truly that blessed to have AMAZING clients and vendors to work with).
Here are some photos from Erin Hession…
They are just so photogenic!
Erin looking STUNNING!
Erin & her bridesmaids
A GORGEOUS overhead shot of the ceremony
Having a good time on the train cars!
The cake…Erin designed it…she is SO creative!
Cool City Swing Band
Having a good time dancing…so cute
Erin gave the guests a special treat by singing a song with the band…she sounds AMAZING!
My mom and I having a GREAT time!
Hugs & Kisses to the two of you (and Zoe)
Eric and Erin…we cannot thank you enough for allowing us to share in your special day! The two of you were so fun and laid-back. Your families were so GREAT to work with and we enjoyed meeting and getting to know each of them! Erin you have so many OUTSTANDING ideas and it was so AWESOME to see everything you worked so hard for come together! We wish both of you the best in New York and we definitely hope to come see you someday when your name are in lights (it will happen!). You both looked STUNNING on your wedding day and were just such a pleasure to work with! Best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors!